Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Alaffia recently introduced a brand new logo that represents what we are working to achieve as a company. Our logo contains three elements: the Eban symbol, Alaffia, and the words empowerment, quality, beauty. The Eban symbol is a West African adinkra symbol representing protection, security, and love. Alaffia is a traditional central Togo greeting meaning peace, health, and well-being. The three words empowerment, quality, beauty are what we strive to bring to both our customers and communities across the globe everyday. Empowerment through our various community projects, equality through fair trade practices and beauty to our customers from our sustainable skin care products.
Rest assured that anytime you purchase a product with the Alaffia logo, you are joining an organization committed to alleviating poverty and empowering communities. However, we are more than an a company, we are a movement, led by you, our customers, and by communities in West Africa striving to create a better future that we all know is possible. Thank you for your support and continued support to working to achieve what we all know to be possible, universal human dignity.
Alaffia Facebook Giveway #Fillthebasket
Alaffia is celebrating the holiday season with a fair trade gift basket giveaway.
The gift basket will contain 5 pre-selected items and 7 items voted on by you, our Facebook friends.
Each day for the next seven days two items will appear that can be voted on via comments. Pick the product you enjoy most and the winning product will be included in the final gift basket.
The winner of the basket will be drawn December 18th. Three additional runner-ups will also be drawn to win a set of 4 new limited-run Alaffia Eban buttons.
- Must be 18 years or older and provide a shipping address within the United States.
- Contest runs from December 11th, 2013 1:00 PM PST - December 18th, 2013 1:00 PM PST.
- Every comment on a post related to the giveaway is an entry into the drawing for the previous stated giveaway. Max of one entry per post (one comment).
- Posts open to voting on products will be posted once per day (December 11th, 2013 – December 17th, 2013) at 1:00 PM. Voting will remain on each post until the end of the voting period (December 18th, 2013 at 1:00 PM PST).
- Names of those who comment on voting posts will have their names placed in a pool of names. Winners will be selected at random. Participants may only win once.
- Winners will be contacted via Facebook message within 24 hours of the end of the contest. The winners will have 24 hours to respond to being notified of winning. If no response is received within 24 hours, a back-up winner will be selected, and will be notified. The same process applicable to the original winner will apply to all back-up winners.
- There will be one winner selected for the basket and Alaffia product. There will be three winners drawn to win 4 – Alaffia Eban buttons.
- The 5 pre-selected items include: 1 – 2 oz. Africa’s Secret, 1 – Red Palm Lip Balm, 1 – Shea & Vanilla Mocha Lotion, 1 – Dead Sea Bar Soap, 1 – 5 oz. Red Palm Oil.
- The 7 voted on items include: EveryDay Coconut Body Lotion vs. EveryDay Shea Body Lotion Unscented, 16 oz. African Black Soap Mint vs. 16 oz. African Black Soap Tangerine Citrus, EveryDay Shea Foaming Hand Soap Vanilla Mint vs. EveryDay Shea Foaming Hand Soap Lavender, EveryDay Coconut Shampoo vs. EveryDay Shea Shampoo Vanilla Mint, EveryDay Coconut Conditioner vs. EveryDay Shea Conditioner Vanilla Mint, EveryDay Shea Bubble Bath Lavender vs. EveryDay Shea Bubble Bath Vanilla Mint, EveryDay Shea Fair Trade Shea Butter Tangerine Citrus vs. EveryDay Shea Fair Trade Shea Butter Passionfruit.
- All items will be placed in an Alaffia Market Mini Basket.
- Prizes will be shipped within 24 hours of receiving winner’s address.
- Current Alaffia employees and family members are ineligible to win.
- This promotion is in no way affiliated with Facebook and Facebook is not liable there above stated giveaway
Friday, December 6, 2013
Human Rights and Dignity
On Tuesday, December 10th Alaffia will celebrate Human Rights. Leading up to this day the world has been taking a stand against gender violence in a variety of ways including wearing the color orange. Across Facebook and Twitter people have been using #iwearorangebecause , #16days, or #orangeurworld to tell their friends, and anyone listening, that violence against women has become an epidemic across the world that must be stopped. Alaffia has, and always will, align itself and support people and organizations who champion the empowerment and equality of women worldwide.
The mission to empower women is so fundamental to Alaffia that it is ingrained in to the company’s business model. Alaffia believes that, as a company and community, it is possible to eliminate the barriers to success in the lives of those who are less fortunate, and give them the dignity they inherently deserve by providing education, giving gainful employment, and providing maternal support. Alaffia’s bicycles for education program has taken a dropout rate of 90% and reversed it to a 95% graduation rate among participants. Alaffia’s Co-ops in Togo provide full-time work to over 500 women and thousands of jobs to women seasonally. Alaffia’s maternal health program has saved the lives of hundreds of women and babies by providing comprehensive care through the entire gestational process. These three programs have been and will always be a part of Alaffia’s mission to give dignity to all people.
By working together we can create a world where each person is valued for their individual uniqueness. Alaffia and Olowo-n’djo have worked towards this for the past ten years, and -while it may be a long journey- we are committed to dedicating our lives to the fulfillment of this ideal.
Learn more at: http://saynotoviolence.org/16days2013