Join the ladies and Alaffia founder, Olowo-n'djo Tchala at the following events:
UNIVERSITY PLACE, WA
- March 8, 10:00AM: WFM Chambers Bay (3515 Bridgeport Way W University Place, WA 98466)
- March 8, 4:00PM: WFM Chambers Bay (3515 Bridgeport Way W University Place, WA 98466)
- March 16, 6:00PM-8:00PM: African Dance Class; World Beat Cultural Center (2100 Park Blvd. San Diego, CA 92101)
- March 24, 1:00PM-2:30PM: WFM Ponce de Leon (650 Ponce de Leon Ave NE Atlanta, GA 30308)
- March 24, 3:30PM-4:30PM: Sevananda Natural Foods Market (467 Moreland Ave NE Atlanta, GA 30307)
- March 25, 1:00PM-2:30PM: WFM West Paces (77 West Paces Ferry Road NW Atlanta, GA 30305)
- March 25, 3:30-4:30PM: Nuts ‘n Berries (4274 Peachtree Road Atlanta, GA 30319)
- March 28, 11:00AM-12:30PM: WFM Brooklyn (214 3rd Street Brooklyn, NY 11215)
- March 28, 2:00PM-3:00PM: Perelandra Natural Food Center (175 Remsen Street Brooklyn, NY 11201)
NEW YORK, NY
- March 28, 4:00PM-5:00PM: Westerly Natural Market (911 8th Ave New York, NY 10019)
- March 28, 6:00PM-8:00PM: Fairway Market (2131 Broadway New York, NY 10023)
- March 30, 7:00PM-8:30PM: The Wedge Table (2412 Nicollet Ave Minneapolis, MN 55404)
Abidé Awesso is Alaffia’s Director of Community Support for the Kara and Savanna regions of Togo. Abidé is a licensed midwife and joined Alaffia in 2012 as Maternal Health Coordinator for central Togo communities. In 2014, Abidé advocated for the expansion of the maternal initiative into the Kara region, as her research had shown the need was even greater there than in the central region. In 2015, Alaffia expanded efforts into the Savanna region and Abidé now manages both maternal and education initiatives in these two regions. Abidé is from Kara, north of Sokodé.
Mawulé Houmey is the Manager of Traditional Oil Extraction at Alaffia Village, Sokodé. Mawulé is from Aneho and first joined Alaffia to oversee coconut oil extraction at our Alaffia Coconut Cooperative in Klouvi-Donnou in 2012. She moved to Sokodé in 2015 to train and manage our cooperative members on traditional coconut oil & shea butter extraction.
Ahoumondom Bamassi is the Manager of the Togo Artisan Center in Sokodé. Ahoumondom has been with Alaffia since 2011, when she joined the Community Support team as the Education and Environment Coordinator. As Coordinator, she managed Alaffia’s Bicycles for Education, School Supply and Reforestation initiatives in the Central and Maritime regions. In 2015, she moved to Alaffia’s newly created Artisan Center to manage the Queen Alaffia prostitution rehabilitation movement.